Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Sometimes things just don't go the way you expect

So now that everyone knows and we announced to the world that Levi & I are expecting a little bundle of joy, I'm going to try to keep everyone posted through blog posts.

Yesterday was supposed to be the day that we found out the gender of our baby. We kept facebook in the dark about the pregnancy because we wanted to know the gender first and we we're only supposed to have 1 ultrasound. Well things don't always go as planned.

It was a very exciting morning with a rather upsetting afternoon. The ultrasound tech didn't really speak to us at all, told us she doesn't tell gender and that the radiologist would tell us with the other results. She also didn't let me see the screen until the end and she showed me the head, hands and legs really quick and that was it. She sent us out to the waiting room where we were led to believe we were going to see radiologist next. Turns out we weren't. They gave us a CD with pictures (Crummy ones we can't really decipher) and sent us on our way.

We went home between that and our midwife appointment to look at the pictures on the CD and I had a melt down. I guess I spend too much time on the internet but I was disappointed I didn't get to watch the whole ultrasound on the screen and I didn't get cute side profile picture that you always see all over the internet.

We went to see Debbie, our super awesome wonderful midwife, and told her about our experience and she was pissed! She called them up and chewed them out. But really there was nothing they could do for us now unless we went and got another ultrasound. But that was out of the question due to insurance reasons.

So our friend Christy suggested 4d imaging LLC in Arlington Heights. Where last week she got a gender scan from Yolanda. So we have our appointment scheduled for Sunday. We shall see how this one goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment