Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

27 Weeks - My how things change

When I take the time to sit down and think about my life before this wonderful pregnancy, I realize how much more has changed that just my body's appearance. 

Let's start with the first big change I made, I quit smoking! I had been smoking since I was 15, yeah I know terrible. I always talked about how I'd quit when I was ready. Well I obviously was very ready as soon as I found out we were expecting. I quit very quickly and haven't gone back! And hopefully my will will be strong after baby is here and I won't start up again. *Fingers crossed*

The next big thing that changed was my diet. I've always been a pretty healthy eater. I attribute that to my mom always making great home cooked meals. When I moved out on my own I tried and struggled making healthy meals for one, cooking just seemed like more hassle for one person than it was worth. But now I'm cooking for 3! Levi, myself and baby! My midwife kick started all of this by strongly recommending I start everyday with 2 eggs. I thought to myself 'really, eggs, I don't even like eggs' but I wanted to feel better and protein is the key to getting rid of the majority of morning sickness. So I started eating eggs, and guess what, I like them now! Also I started drinking milk. I've never been a fan of milk but now I LOVE it!

With making myself breakfast every morning, which I never did before, it was a meal I skipped for years, I started making Levi breakfast every morning as well. It only takes a few minutes to fry an egg and toast a bagel. I used to be the type to lay in bed as long as I could before having to get up to get ready for work. Not anymore! 

Those are just a few changes that have just come naturally to me. I could go on and on but that would make for a really long and boring blog post. So now I will appease you all with what you really came here for... to see my belly! lol


27 weeks and 3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment