Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just a little thing about flying annoyances

I wrote this on the plane ride to florida...

Let me tell you about flying southwest airlines and my flight to Fort Myers. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a pretty good airlines, and it’s the only one I know that doesn’t charge you to check your baggage, but you get what you pay for. It’s the cheapest airline I can find, if you can prove me wrong please do so I can save some money on my next trip. But as far as I know it’s the cheapest.

First of all if you live in the Chicagoland area you’re force to fly out of midway if you fly Southwest. Which I like Midway a lot better than O’hare because its smaller and easier to get around but you have to drive through Cicero. The crappiest part of Chicagoland. Which limit’s the possibility of getting a ride to or from the airport from my mom. Cause she won’t drive through Cicero.

But anyway now I’m rambling.

So Southwest is pretty nice except for their seating arrangements. You’re seated by order in which you checked in. There are no assigned seats and if you run into traffic and you’re traveling with your boyfriend and get to the airport at a time that you thought was super early but everyone else paid the $10 to check in early online you’re pretty much screwed as far as getting a seat next to each other. And guess who got stuck across the aisle from the one screaming kid on the plane.

That’s right, its me.

I don’t mind a newborn baby cry as much as I mind a 2 year old screaming at the top of her lungs because she doesn’t want to share with her sister and her mom doesn’t know how to properly discipline her children. Not to mention this happened as soon as we got leveled in the air.

Luckily I ordered a beer and I might be able to fall right to sleep as soon as I finish it. Which would be awesome!

I wonder where on the plane Jerry ended up. I keep looking over the seats to see if I can tell which top of the head is his but I have no clue where he ended up. All I know is he’s far away from the screaming child who has quieted down for now. Oh look a crying baby. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment